Delius Klasing Verlag
Porsche works outing
- The big 24-hour races: Nürburgring / Le Mans / Daytona
by Frank Kayser
- Publisher: Delius-Klasing Verlag
- Year of publication: 1. Edition 2017
- Language: German
- Format: approx. 29.5 x 29.5 cm
- Features: Bound / with dust jacket
- Number of pages: 272
- ISBN: 978-3-667-11066-4
A few times a year the world's best racing drivers race the asphalt for 24 hours. Star photographer Frank Kayser was there for over 4 years and documented Porsche's work in the endurance world championship.
Endurance races are the supreme discipline of motorsport
The 24-hour races on the Nürburgring and in Daytona are among the toughest tests for man and material - but the real icon among endurance races is Le Mans. Porsche's work in the endurance world championship has set the standard with perfection and passion in recent years.
For four years, the team around star photographer Frank Kayser was able to observe the disciplined work of the Porsche factory teams up close and far beyond exhaustion. The worldwide award-winning photographer was there where other photographers can't: in the pits, in the pit lane during tire and driver changes, in the cordoned off areas of the paddock. His photographs tell of the tension, the maximum performance, the eternity of a never-ending night and the success of perfection.
This high quality illustrated book shows:
- intimate glimpses into the pits up close at the Porsche team
- the passion of the fans, the self-abandonment of the mechanics
- the beauty of the natural race tracks
- captivating sophisticated photography beyond the well-known racetrack pictures
Frank Kayser and his team for Porsche Motorsport took part in some outstanding racing events. For this he had to cover 50,000 km. On site, he and his crew traveled around 1950 kilometers by scooter or on foot. The result: more than 1.1 million pictures, of which the best 200 pictures made it into this exclusive illustrated book.