Delius Klasing Verlag
by Dennis Adler
- Publisher: Delius-Klasing Verlag
- Year of publication: 1st edition 2018
- Language: German
- Format: approx. 28.1 x 22.3 cm
- Features: Bound / with dust jacket
- Number of pages: 304
- ISBN: 978-3-667-11244-6
Few car brands are as popular with collectors and fans as Porsche. The "air-cooled" ones, which the traditional Stuttgart company built over five decades, enjoy a special status among lovers of old cult cars.
“Air doesn't boil, air doesn't freeze”: Porsche models with air-cooled engines
When the last air-cooled 911 rolled off the assembly line at Porsche, a long tradition not only ended with a pithy advertising slogan. Dennis Adler tells the story of an era much more in this book: from the first steps of company founder Ferdinand Porsche to the rise of the world-famous sports car brand, from the first Gmünd Coupé to the last Porsche 911, which owns the air-cooled engine with the unmistakably rich sound could.
As an experienced motor journalist and Porsche connoisseur, Adler not only provides lots of vivid photos of the 911, 935 and Co., but also emphasizes them with a fact-packed accompanying text in which even long-time fans of the popular sports car brand can find out new things. From the post-war period to successful racing history, the famous air-cooled cars are in the spotlight here.
- the standard work on the air-cooled from Porsche
- with over 250 color and black-and-white photos, including rare pictures from the works archive
- Informative accompanying text with all the facts about the brand history, motorsport history and models
With its diverse information on classic Porsche models with air-cooled engines, this book should not be missing in any Porsche library!