Delius Klasing Verlag
by Frank Jung
- Publisher: Delius-Klasing Verlag
- Year of publication: 2nd, extended edition 2019
- Language: German
- Format: approx. 23.5 x 27.1 cm
- Features: Bound / with dust jacket
- Number of pages: 336
- ISBN: 978-3-667-11585-0
The Porsche 356 - a sports car makes history
The Porsche 356 is not just any sports car. He is like a myth, a legend. He was born from the collaboration between two Stuttgart automobile companies that made history together: Porsche and Reutter.
Frank Jung, great-grandson of company founder Albert Reutter and head of the historical archive of Porsche AG since 2018, has followed in the footsteps of this legendary co-production. This book lets you take part in the exciting creation of the Porsche 356 with many historical photos and previously unpublished documents.
Porsche and Reutter: an important piece of automotive history
Porsche and Reutter - this cooperation made automotive history. On over 300 pages and with 500 illustrations, Porsche 356. Made by Reutter tells an incomparable success story: The starting shot was the work on the forerunners and prototypes of the Volkswagen in the 1930s. Then the Reutter bodywork and the Porsche design office begin to develop the first models for the Porsche 356. Frank Jung documents the entire production time of the Porsche 356 from 1949 to 1964 in all of its development phases up to the successful 911 model. Former employees and contemporary witnesses report on the development process of the sports car legend, which is captured with unique pictures and texts.
- extended new edition with numerous new photos
- written by a connoisseur of both brands
- with over 500 historical images and some unpublished documents
- with prototypes and special vehicles such as the 356 SL and hunting vehicles
- ideal gift for historically interested sports car fans
In this book, even passionate Porsche enthusiasts get a new perspective on their favorite brand. Experience a special chapter of Swabian industrial and automotive history!