Delius Klasing Verlag
GP Ice Race
by Ferdinand Porsche and Vinzenz Greger
- Publisher: Delius-Klasing Verlag
- Year of publication: 1st edition 2020
- Language: German
- Format: approx. 21.7 x 28.8 cm
- Equipment: bound
- Number of pages: 272
- ISBN: 978-3-667-11973-5
It's cool, man! Winter sports meet motorsport in the GP Ice Race
In summer they are drawn to the world's race tracks, in winter to Scandinavia: in the cold season, spectacular car races take place there on frozen lakes and icy slopes. Ferdinand Porsche junior revived the old tradition of ice races in 2019 and, together with his friend Vinzenz Greger, brought the GP Ice Race back to Zell am See in Austria, the home of the Porsche family. For two days, amateurs and professional racing drivers, teams and manufacturers of different classes drive under extreme conditions on an ice runway at the old airport.
- The GP Ice Race 2020: the participants, the cars, the makers
- Exclusive background stories of the car races, interviews with drivers and organizers - edited and curated by Ferdinand Porsche junior
- Magnificently designed illustrated book with top photos by top photographers
- The perfect gift for car fans and Porsche lovers!
Spectacular images of car races on the ice slope
“Motorsport is part of Zell am See like the mountain pass roads,” says Ferdinand Porsche, great-grandson of the Porsche patriarch of the same name. But Ferdinand Porsche junior not only has a big name, but obviously also has the motorsport genes of his ancestors in his blood.
The GP Ice Race combines a diverse field of participants that should satisfy every motorsport enthusiast. There are super sports cars, young and old timers, vehicles with combustion and electric motors. The organizers have also planned the traditional skijoring, where brave skiers let themselves be pulled by a car by rope. This racing weekend is a special experience of freedom, vehicle control, sporty precision and speed - a must for every racing fan!