Delius Klasing Verlag
ESCAPES - Winter / Snow-Capped Dreams
by Stefan Bogner / Jan Karl Baedeker
- Publisher: Delius-Klasing Publishing Company, Bielefeld (D)
- Year of publication: 1st Edition 2016
- Language: German and English
- Format: ca. 24,9 x 30,6 cm
- Hardcover / linen
- Number of pages: 272 / with numerous large-format color photos
- ISBN: 978-3-667-10717-6
In summer, the Alps inspire every car and motorcyclist with mountain panoramas that can be seen from afar, jagged slopes along the winding roads and rapid stretches through rugged rocky landscapes. Driving on the most beautiful mountain passes in Switzerland, Austria, Germany and Italy in winter is, however, a very special experience. Deeply snow-covered hairpin bends and alpine weather between a bright blue sky and mist shape a different, calmer picture.
Serpentine collector Stefan Bogner fulfills the long-cherished dream of portraying the most impressive alpine passes and the most important road in Iceland with Escapes - Winter.
Alpenstraßen as works of art in gray and white
Bogner's imagery is incomparable. Mild light and exciting contrasts between white snow and dark streets create a surreal, almost magical atmosphere. The minimalist sceneries are reduced to the essentials, the deserted streets can often only be guessed at and so unfold a very special beauty between ice-blue mountain lakes and snow-covered peaks.
In his illustrated book "Escapes - Winter. Snow-Capped Dreams" you can find:
- 20 snow-covered mountain passes and mountain roads in 155 fairytale photographs
- explanatory text passages, bilingual in German and English
- Information on the winter closure of the individual passes for everyone who wants to get behind the wheel immediately
What are you waiting for? Put on the snow chains, turn on the heating and off you go to the Alpine Winter Wonderland!